Re: [amibroker] Random Walk Index functions

TJ,

Thanks for your explanation of AB calculation method.

FYI I did some more testing on Metastock calculation method - it differs
from AB slightly as follows:-

Minimum value is 0 i.e. Negative values are set to 0.
Uses a moving average of the ATR.
The ATR moving average is offest by 1 day (apparently recommened by Poulos).

So MS code for RWIHiN is:-

RwiHiN = ( High - Ref( Low, -N ) ) / ( ref( mov(ATR(1),N,S),-1) * SQRT(
N ) );

John