Re: Position functions

--- In amibroker@xxxx, Peter Carr <pcarr@xxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Jun 2001 at 19:51:04, traders10@xxxx
> wrote about [amibroker] Position functions:
> >2. EntryPrice:  when the trading system buys or shorts you want to
> >set stops based on this price.  I have seen some of the workarounds
> >the MetaStocks guys have to use...ugly
>
> Sorry, I cannot answer your question, but have some of my own
related to
> this. Do you use a particular formula to identify your Entry
Price?
> What is your reasoning for determining this Price?

Peter,
While backtesting, the entry price is simply the price at which the
trading system bought (long) or sold (short). Stops would then be
calculated based on on this price as it is approximately the break
even price. (plus commissions, slippage etc.) That is why I would
like AB to tell me what the entry price was when the trading system
initiates a trade.

If you are asking about an actual trade I usually take the system
trade recommendation as a setup condition and then wait for proof the
price is starting to move in the desired direction. A move above
yesterdays high perhaps before entering a long, or a move below
yesterdays low before entering a short.
Cheers,
Trader