Chart Toolbar positioning problem

I was experimenting with Chart Toolbars and tried moving (via drag and drop)
some of them from vertical position on right hand side of screen to
horizontal position near top of screen. This worked OK.

But now I feel pretty silly because I cannot get any of them back to
vertically stacked position at side of screen. I have tried restoring
default layout and removing all tools then reinstating them but they keep
coming back in the horizontal position again.

TIA
John