Suggestion - Calling Other Formulas

Coming from Metastock one important feature I miss in Amibroker is the
ability to call other user defined formulas. This feature considerably
simplifies the construction, intelligibility and maintenance of complex
systems.

i.e. in Metastock the statement
x:=fml("Myind")
assigns the value of a formula named myind to variable x.

Without the facility to call a user defined function/procedure it is
necessary to in-line code the necessary logic each time that it is used in
constructing another indicator, system test etc. There was some discussion
on this list some time back about having the facility to copy "snippets" of
re-usable code, presumably to address this problem. IMHO, although this
"editing" feature would be useful sometimes, it is no substitute for a
proper procedure calling mechansism.

The big failings of the Metastock formula call mechanism are that it does
not allow parameter passing and always returns a value based on the default
setting for the formula. This means constant editing of the formula to
change the default value when system testing.

IMO what we really need is something like:-

fml("Myind",param1, param2,.....)

Apologies if this is already on the wish list but I couldn't see it.

Regards
John