Re: [amibroker] Re: Update Today's Price with Realtime Data

One thing I noticed is I have to restart qt each time I want to update a new
stock ?

----- Original Message -----
From: <ralf@xxxx>
To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2001 9:41 AM
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Update Today's Price with Realtime Data

> Hi Bill, Andrew, Tomasz.
>
> To explain what the utility does I give you the equivalent in terms of
what you would do manually:
> Say you have downloaded and updated yesterdays price data for all stocks.
> Today it is say 11am and you are watching a particular stock and would
like to see in
> the (ami)chart the ohlc for 10:58 and you know these values because you
run Quotetracker.
> Manually you would (in Amibroker Menu) click --> Stock --> Quotations...
and a dialog box opens.
> There you would select the mode 'Current Stock/All Quotes'. Then you would
select today's date
> and manually enter the according values. AmiBroker would then display
today's data.

> The utility does all of that with the click of a button (at this stage the
stock you wish to update
> must be in one of your Quotetracker portfolios - may be later I add a
function that would allow
> us to get quotes for any stock).
>
> Attached the program.
> BTW it does not touch your registry or create any files.
> You might put it into any directory and then add it into your Tools menu.
>
> AND you need to enable QuoteTrackers Webserver using it's
> default port 16239.
> Copied from QuoteTracker's Help File:
>
> ####
> QuoteTracker contains a built in Web (HTTP protocol) API server that
responds to a certain set of commands so that external programs can extract
information from it while it is running. The server is bound to address
127.0.0.1 (local computer) only - this way any information that is received
from QuoteTracker does not fall under the "redistribution" heading and we
avoid legal troubles from data providers or from the exchanges.

> The QuoteTracker's Web server monitors port 16239. You can change that by
putting another port # into the STOCKS.INI file (located in your
QuoteTracker folder) under the [QTServer] section along with the setting to
turn the WebServer on:

> [QTServer]
> Active=YES
> PORT=3939
>
> Note: PORT is optional and can be any number. If not specified, it is
16239. You may need to add the [QTServer] section yourself to the
STOCKS.INI file if it's not already there. The YES (after ACTIVE=) has to
be capitalized.

http://www.quotetracker.com/qtserver.htm

> Regards - Ralf

what you mean by AmiBroker's ticker. Do you mean it puts data into data
files that AmiBroker accesses?