Re: Update Today's Price with Realtime Data

Hi Bill, Andrew, Tomasz.

To explain what the utility does I give you the equivalent in terms of what you would do manually:
Say you have downloaded and updated yesterdays price data for all stocks.
Today it is say 11am and you are watching a particular stock and would like to see in
the (ami)chart the ohlc for 10:58 and you know these values because you run Quotetracker.
Manually you would (in Amibroker Menu) click --> Stock --> Quotations... and a dialog box opens.
There you would select the mode 'Current Stock/All Quotes'. Then you would select today's date
and manually enter the according values. AmiBroker would then display today's data.

The utility does all of that with the click of a button (at this stage the stock you wish to update
must be in one of your Quotetracker portfolios - may be later I add a function that would allow
us to get quotes for any stock).

Attached the program.
BTW it does not touch your registry or create any files.
You might put it into any directory and then add it into your Tools menu.

AND you need to enable QuoteTrackers Webserver using it's
default port 16239.
Copied from QuoteTracker's Help File:

####
QuoteTracker contains a built in Web (HTTP protocol) API server that responds to a certain set of commands so that external programs can extract information from it while it is running. The server is bound to address 127.0.0.1 (local computer) only - this way any information that is received from QuoteTracker does not fall under the "redistribution" heading and we avoid legal troubles from data providers or from the exchanges.

The QuoteTracker's Web server monitors port 16239. You can change that by putting another port # into the STOCKS.INI file (located in your QuoteTracker folder) under the [QTServer] section along with the setting to turn the WebServer on:

[QTServer]
Active=YES
PORT=3939

Note: PORT is optional and can be any number. If not specified, it is 16239. You may need to add the [QTServer] section yourself to the STOCKS.INI file if it's not already there. The YES (after ACTIVE=) has to be capitalized.
####

...would appreciate your comments

Tomasz, you can find all details here: http://www.quotetracker.com/qtserver.htm

Regards - Ralf