Re: [amibroker] AFL Library

Hi,

Thank you Thierry for your offer.

> I'm able to quickly create a little website with ASP pages linked to
> an access database to host this library.
Do you mean Active Server Pages? What database do you want to use?
I am asking because both my servers are Linux based and
only one supports ASP (from ChiliSoft) and as for databases only mySQL
is available there.

> Knowing that:
> The maximum size is 50Mo on the free hosting provider (www.efrance.fr)
I can host the application on one of my sites (amibroker.com or amibroker.net)
if only mySQL database is used.

> It will be fully automated (You will be able to put everything in the
> database from your browser)
>
> A password will be required to enter the site, but inside, everyone
> will have access to everyting and full rights to modify everything
> (else, it is much more complex to do).
Do you mean .htaccess ?

> So, a need to filter the entrances (through the password delivery)
>
> I don't know yet (for I haven't tested) on which format AFLs can be
> inserted in the database (files or text). Anyway, it's possible and
> very easy in text mode.
AFL are plain text files. No problem with handling them.

> THe registration process in efrance.fr takes 48 hours.
> THe site itself can be done before next week
Could you please write me privately (tj@xxxx) about
your experience with creating db-driven web pages?

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
http://www.amibroker.com