RE: [amibroker] WOW....This may be TOO much

I carry the entire Toronto and Vancouver Stock Exchange list in my database.
I also carry a database of all mutual funds available in Canada. Data
import used to be pretty slow but Thomaz fixed that early on in the
development of AmiBroker. One thing I do with analysis is filter out
equities not in my price range - ie I usually exclude equities over $40 CAD
but I still want them in my database for the day I can afford them in volume
(eternal optimist). I usually filter out equities under $1.00 as I am not
interested in the penney market but I still want them in my database as
there are a lot of tech startups and biotechs in that price range which may
be the next big thing. In short, I want a complete database but I filter
out by price to suit my trading patterns. Filtering with AFL is easy in the
analysis window using the < > functions. If you have the hard drive space
and computing power you might want to consider doing the same.

THE CRAZY CANUCK

CARLTON McEACHERN
BOX 259, RR #1
ASTORVILLE, ONTARIO