Re: [amibroker] Re: Workspaces

Brett:

What I did was:

1. Create a new subdirectory to load the new workspace into using
explorer. This subdirectory is under the Amibroker directory. Name this
subdirectory the name you expect to name the workspace.
2. Copied the Text file with the new listing of stocks into that
directory. I made this file using export from another tool. Or you could
get a particular listing from some web site. You just need a text file
with a column of securities listed.
3. With Amiquote, open the new text file that has the listing of stocks
that is located in the new subdirectory (workspace name)and get the
historic prices from yahoo. These are now in the new subdirectory as *.aqh
files.
4. Open Amibroker and go to the menu item File and select Open Workspace
and point to the subdirectory that you had created earlier.
4.a I remember that I had a problem with this step once. I had to do the
menu item File, Save Workspace As instead and named it the name of the
subdirectory. This worked as well.
5. Once this workspace is created I now import the historic AmiQuote *.aqh
files that are now in that subdirectory into this workspace.

Now you have create a new workspace completely separate from your
original. Hope this works for you.

Steve