Re: Database Cleanup Command.

Hi Good Group,

>From the ToolBar select the Command
Tools/Database Cleanup.

Can anyone sic me onto where the information is for that command.

The occasion for my use is that the number of errors in my NYSE database
suddenly jumped from 16 to 58. I downloaded the initial day of errors
twice -- with the identical result so I don't believe that the database
source has the problem.

I suspect that the NYSE cleaned up their database by removing those
tickers whose values were zero -- This can be caused by 2 companies
becoming one, like in a merger --therefore one of the two tickers is no
longer needed. The errors are caused by the numerical values for H, Open,
Low, Close being zero.  I hope that the DB Cleanup command will
delete all the data in those tickers, and the tickers themselves.... at
least I'd like to hope so.

In any event I tried  the DB Cleanup command, with out any
noticeable effect. I would appreciate any input I can get on how to
properly use this command. The AB database does not mention the Cleanup
command.

Thanks to all,

Hal