Re: [amibroker] Sharing & New Thoughts

Dear Jaco,

I am snipping all but one paragraph of your posting to Hal, and I have a
most urgent request of you. Would you please keep it and re-post it every
few weeks for the benefit of the new people who come on board?

Every one of us has had "systems" which worked so beautifully and then, for
Lord only knows what reason, we hit a string of losers.

Your words, if read, thought about, and digested by everyone who thinks of
entering the markets are, IMHO, worth every bit as much as the greatest
AFL- maybe even moreso. After all, you can have the greatest system in the
world, but without capital, you can't play.

And now, a new thought or suggestion:

Is it at all practical to suggest that as each of us posts a new code,
perhaps we could indicate what it is best suited to reveal. When it is best
applied; under which circumstances does it really not contribute useful
information- that sort of thing.

Perhaps it might also be a good idea if some indication is made as to
whether the code being posted is an AFL encoding of some recognized system
being adapted for use within AmiBroker, or if it is an interesting idea the
poster has been experimenting with, or it represents a system with which
the poster has had actual experience.

Like you and others, I am always interested in stretching my mind, but I am
also concerned about overloading my brain with too much experimental
theory. Besides, I am running out of blank indicator spaces :>) (Just
kidding, Tomasz. Don't make a new beta version with more spaces just yet!)

Nate

SNIP, SNIP