Sharing - Colored Volume Histogram

In the spirit of sharing - here's a screen/sheet/window I've set up using
Tomasz's great new multiple sheet sheet capability and the colored bars
capability.

On the one screen you have OBV (on balance volume) and volume with the days
color coded. Up days (close > open) are green, down days are red.

What's the use - well you probably don't want to buy a stock where the
volume on recent down days exceeds the volume on recent up days.

The AFL for the colored volume bars is also attached.

Steps to implement

1. Copy the afl to the AFL directory within your AmiBroker Directory.
2. From within Ami click on a spare sheet tap to get into that sheet.
3. Click on the indicator builder and rename one of the spare Custom XX (XX
is some number) indicators to Volume Colored or whatever you want.
4. Click on Load Formulae and open VolumeColoured_i.afl
6. Change the color settings to suit - see the comments in the top of the
afl code to see how. (You'll need to do this 'cos I play with my color
settings a bit and they'll be different to yours).
5. Set Scaling to automatic and Gridlines to middle.
6. Click on Apply and the chart will appear.
7. Click on Save Formula to save any changes you've made to the afl and save
over the original afl.
8. Right click anywhere on the sheet to bring up the Layout dialogue -
select Layout and save the layout.

If you also want to have OBV in the same window you'll need to right click
anywhere to bring up to the dialogue to insert Tomasz's already built afl
OBV indicator.

Tomasz - I hope I've not omitted any steps.

Geoff

gif00032.gif