Re: [amibroker] Tate System, Explore, Jaco's Idea

I have prepared a modified version of Geoff's formula.
It is tuned for US markets however you can
change it easily without the need to setup all composites.

You will find it attached to this e-mail.

Some comments:
At the very beginning of the formula you will find the following assignments:
dollars = 10000; /* the size of your portfolio */
groupindex = "^DJI"; /* Dow Jones Industrials */
marketindex = "^SPC"; /* Standard and Poors' 500 - you can use also ^NYA - NYSE Composite */

First line defines the size of your portfolio, the latter two define group and market
indexes that are used later as a Relative Strength bases in Geoff's formula.
No need to do any additional setup of categories.
You can change them according to the stocks you want to scan/back-test.
The default values provided here are for Dow Jones Industrials components.
You should have also ^DJI (DJIA average) and ^SPC (SP 500 average) present
in your database.
Instead of SP500 you can use ^NYA (NYSE Composite)

In case of NASDAQ-100 components you can use:
dollars = 10000; /* the size of your portfolio */
groupindex = "^NDX"; /* NASDAQ 100 */
marketindex = "^IXIC"; /* NASDAQ Composite */

Again you should have ^NDX and "^IXIC" present in your database.

For other markets assign appropriate tickers to
groupindex and marketindex variables.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
http://www.amibroker.com