RE: Re: [amibroker] Bangs for your Buck, Coding problem

Hal,

In examining the formula, which I obtained from Chris Tate's "The Art of Trading", I think I have misinterpreted it what he means by average range(200).

I was thinging Av range was Highest hi - lowest low over the previous 200 periods.

I now think is more probably ATR(200).

So the formula would be

PossibleDollarReturn = (dollars/close) * ATR(200);

which is simply number of shares purchased * average true range of the stock.

I'll check further and advise.

Geoff