Re: Stock data for all the stocks on NYSE/NASDAQ

which market are u after bretts file was for usa stocks
as for asx data there are not to many free site around but u can buy
data back to 1987 for about $80 aud on cdrom...

hmm the script takes the info from bretts file (code, stock name )
and add the stock name to the data base .. but you must already have
data loaded and saved in ami ..

This is what you where trying to do with it ?

if your trying to set up a usa stocks database then just d/l a
monthly file from hooyaa unzip it and then tell ami where it is
using the asii importer

hope where on the same track here ?

regard David

--- In amibroker@xxxx, kurbani111@xxxx wrote:

> Appreciate letting me know
>
> How can I can I get a list of all/most of the stocks on the
> NYSE/NASDAQ/TSE without having to enter each symbol manually
>
> or am I dreaming
>
> Thanks

--- In amibroker@xxxx, kurbani111@xxxx wrote:
> David,
>
> Thanks kindly for your response.
>
> I got javascript error on trying to download your file.
>
> Being new to this I'm trying to understand to understand what's
> happening here. I assume your script pairs the symbols from Bretts
> .csv file with the data from ASX. The ASX data comes in monthly
> batches. I assume your Script automatically concatenates this to
> create a continuous file for AmiBroker to use
>
> I was disappointed to find that the ASX data only goes back a few
> years.
>
> I was really hoping to get data from Yahoo - because it's provided
by
> CSI which has a good reputation for reliability of data. Also I'm
> looking for data for all the stocks going back a long way. Am I
> dreaming?
>
> I'm trying to figure out how to get this database and maintain it.
As
> a newbie, I find all of this very frustrating to do.
>
> Thanks for your help.

> --- In amibroker@xxxx, "David Holzgrefe" <dtholz@xxxx> wrote:
> > here'a a modified srcipt to import the usa info place it in your
> amibroker
> > script directory
> > C:\Program Files\AmiBroker\Scripts **note if its not the same
path
> then you
> > will need to change to script to what your setup is **
> >
> > place the file Brett d/l in the same directory and then run
script
> ..
> >
> > **NOTE you need to have the data already loaded if you dont the
you
> can get
> > usa data from
> > http://www.hooyaya.com/stockdata/oze/index.html