Beginner questions

Hi everyone,

I have just discovered AmiBroker and registered it right away. It is
exactly what I have been looking for, and looks like it offers a rich
experience!

I tried looking through all the support and help files, and previous
messages for the answers to my questions, but could not find them
readily. I am using version 3.50 on a 550 MHz Pentium 3, running
windows 2000 with 256 meg RAM. Does anybody have some opinions on
the following?

1. I can import quotes easily by using data from both yahoo and
downloadquotes.com. I have downloaded from yahoo the data for the
NYSE and NASDAQ going back 20 years. My initial thought is to import
all of the stocks (all 9000-some), and then each evening I can easily
import the day's fresh data from downloadquotes.com. However, when I
tried to import the NASDAQ stock data from yahoo (*.AQH files),
AmiBroker only imported the first half (approximately), from the A's
to the I's. This made me wonder: is there a limit to the number of
stocks which can be imported at once? In preferences, I selected
to "load quote data when I choose to do so" in order to speed initial

2. Is there a convenient way to import the stocks into the correct
Market folder (Nasdaq or NYSE) ?

3. I imported the NASDAQ composite index ^IXIC, and was able to
organize it into the NASDAQ market folder. How can I add it to the
Indices folder ?

4. Is there a way to startup AmiBroker with the All folder collapsed,
and not expanded, through the preferences?

5. I would like to duplicate stocks across Group folders. Right now
when I organize stocks, AmiBroker indicates that I can "copy" the
stock from Group N to Group M. However, it actually performs
a "move" operation. Is there a way to have two distinct Group
folders, each containing some of the same stocks?

6. A charting tools question: after drawing a trendline, is there a
way to measure the angle it makes with the horizontal (without having
to print and find my protractor :)

I am sorry to make my introduction to the list so lengthy with these
questions. I am hoping to draw on everyone's experience here, and
would like to ask one final question:

7. I am reading all the support documents and newsletter tips on the
AmiBroker website, in addition to the included Help information.
Does anyone suggest additional sources, such as tutorials, that I may
read to get familiar with AmiBroker?

Thank you very much for any advice you can offer. So far I am really
impressed by AmiBroker. I am just now starting to learn about
technical analysis methods and charting methods.

jim