From: "u7351a@xxxx" <gmulhall@xxxx>
To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2001 8:57 AM
Subject: [amibroker] (unknown)

> Hi Tomasz and all,
>
> I'm an ex programmer and as such was initially expecting that AFL
(AmiBroker Formula Language) was like other languages such as BASIC or C etc
etc.

> It quickly became apparent that this was not the case because you cannot
write loops etc.

> So then I just used the most basic functionality to plot indicators.
>
> I an Ah Hah experience this weekend where I realised that AFL simply
creates arrays of values and is then able to compare these arrays and create
new arrays.

> So now I'm comfortable I can program AFL to do pretty much what I want. I
released the genie for myself which is fantastic.

> Thus it would be good to have in the manual a pictorial diagram of an
array of say closing prices and an array of say a moving average below it.
Then a discussion of how AFL compares the two arrays to generate the buy or
sell array for from the first two arrays.

> A would expect some users may even be wondering what an array is so a
picture
> should assist.
>
> Excell is probably a good tool to do this in so I'll knock something up on
the weekend IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED and Tomasz has no objections.