[no subject]

Hi Tomasz and all,

I'm an ex programmer and as such was initially expecting that AFL (AmiBroker Formula Language) was like other languages such as BASIC or C etc etc.

It quickly became apparent that this was not the case because you cannot write loops etc.

So then I just used the most basic functionality to plot indicators.

I an Ah Hah experience this weekend where I realised that AFL simply creates arrays of values and is then able to compare these arrays and create new arrays.

So now I'm comfortable I can program AFL to do pretty much what I want. I released the genie for myself which is fantastic.

Thus it would be good to have in the manual a pictorial diagram of an arrayof say closing prices and an array of say a moving average below it. Then a discussion of how AFL compares the two arrays to generate the buy or sellarray for from the first two arrays.

A would expect some users may even be wondering what an array is so a picture
should assist.

Excell is probably a good tool to do this in so I'll knock something up on the weekend IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED and Tomasz has no objections.

Regards,

Geoff

http://www.mail2web.com/ .