Industries and Sectors for Australian Traders.

I've set up Industries and Sectors using Tomasz's script from Newsletter 4/2000 (SetUpIndustries.js) and the csv file attached.

The data came from www.tradingroom.com.au and www.glodat.com

I created a spreadsheet to match the induestries and sectors to tickers andthen saved the result as a csv file. The spreadsheet uses a look up function and so may be of future use to those with some Excel knowledge to updatetheir database.

I have some concerns that the tradingroom data is not complete - though it is accurate.

If you use this please ensure you back up your database and broker.sectors and broker.industries first.

The steps are - :

1. Read Newsletters 4/2000 and 1/2000 to understand what Tomasz's script does.
2. Replace your broker.industries and broker.sectors with those attached.
3. Save the csv file and update the .js file to reflect the location of thecsv file
4. Launch AmiBroker (and open the database you want to work on)
5. Save the script somewhere and run it by double clicking on in in explorer (after that you will see the changes in Ami)
6. Save database.

Cheers,

Geoff

------=_NextPart_001_006E_01C0B566.5F5B8960

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Folks,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I've set up Industries and Sectors using Tomasz's
script from Newsletter 4/2000 (SetUpIndustries.js) and the csv file
attached.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>The data came from <A
href="http://www.tradingroom.com.au";>www.tradingroom.com.au</A> and <A
href="http://www.glodat.com";>www.glodat.com</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I created a spreadsheet to match the induestries
and sectors to tickers and then saved the result as a csv file.&nbsp;The
spreadsheet uses a look up function and so may be of future use to those with
some Excel knowledge to update their database.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I have some concerns that the tradingroom data is
not complete - though it is accurate.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#ff0000 face=Arial size=2><STRONG><EM>If you use this please
ensure you back up your database and broker.sectors and broker.industries first.
</EM></STRONG></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>The steps are -&nbsp;:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>1. Read Newsletters 4/2000 and 1/2000 to understand what Tomasz's script
does.</DIV>
<DIV>2. Replace your broker.industries and broker.sectors with those
attached.</DIV>
<DIV>3. Save the csv file and update the .js file to reflect the location of the
csv file </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>4. Launch AmiBroker (and open the databaseyou want
to work on)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>5. Save the script somewhere and run it bydouble
clicking on in in explorer&nbsp;(after that you will see the changes in
Ami)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>6. Save database.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>Cheers,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Geoff</DIV></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_001_006E_01C0B566.5F5B8960--

xls00002.xls