From: "Tomasz Janeczko" <tj@xxxx>
To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2001 6:40 PM
Subject: Re: [amibroker] RELSTRENGTH

Hi Geoff,

1. Yes you can, but please remember about two things:
a) RelStrength() function needs an index ticker to compare to, for example
"XAO" (ASE all ordinaries index)
b) RelStrength() values are not normalized, so they are different for each
stock. This means that you can only get
resonable results if you check for rising/falling RelStrength or if
you detect a new high or new low.
Absolute levels (such as 1) do not work.

2. Use graph1 = RelStrength( "XAO" ); to generate relative strength of
currently selected stock compared to the index.

3. Comparative Relative Strength is calculated by simply DIVIDING the
closing price of currently selected stock by the closing
price of BASE stock (usually an index):

RELSTRENGTH = CLOSE / CLOSE_OF_BASE_STOCK;

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
http://www.amibroker.com