Re: [amibroker] Multiscreens of the same stock

Adding to Presleys (Mk 2)

> > Regarding Peters message:
> >
> > I observed problems with multiscreens as well.
> >
> > Opening 2 windows of the same stock:
> >
> > 1) Changing the daily/weekly/monthly settings for 1 window will corrupt
> the
> > 2nd window
> >
> > 2) Using the zoom feature on one window will corrupt the 2nd window

The above is exactly the problem. Each window should operate from the same
database (i.e stock) but on the timeframe relevant to each window. T
Presley is looking at two windows. Im looking at three.

Why do I want to do it. After scanning for stock and putting in buy and
sells, I also like to look at patterns , long term trend, is there
double/triple tops or break out, false break out etc. Its part of the art
applied after the indicators have picked the choicest stock.

If I ask for 500 bars to be shown, then this could still default to 500
weekly bars or 500 monthly bars if the data base was big enough. If too
big
I could zoom it, save preferences and move to the next stock. Cycling
through 40 50 stocks would only take 10 minutes. The advantage of the
current clone is that you can shut the PV dta a window down and just
replave
with more indicators and change the layout into a combined
horizontal/vertical mix rather than pure h or V. But this isn't reallly
maximising my screen space efficiency.

PS At the moment I can achieve what I want by opening new windows putting
the same stock in each, changing the time frame and indicator choice and
timescales for each window. HOWEVER, i have to keep puuting the same ticker
in each window. So its click to select the window, type in ticker symbol,
select next window, type in ticker symbol....etc I just want to load my
preferred screen setting with 3 windows on different time scales and type
the ticker symbol once to change all three