Re: [amibroker] Interface Enhancements

Hi Tom and the others,

> 1. The date format as displayed in tooltip, and indicated in the top
> of the price chart does not honor the users system date format, and
> the date format is not adjustable in the program. Help! I have to
> convert in my mind *every* time I look at the date. I use mm-dd-yy
> (my whole life) and the program is displaying yy-mm-dd
I know that this may be confusing, and promise to change this in 3.51.

> 2. Currently when in "pick" mode, a vertical line is drawn when the
> left mouse is pressed. The line should be drawn automatically as the
> cursor moves. This is done in other chart programs and is handy.
First - have you noticed that version 3.5 support "live" X (date), Y (value)
coordinates display in the status bar.
It works all the time, regardless of mode or drawing tool used.

Second - do you know that you can move this "pick" vertical line
using cursor keys <- -> ? (Only make sure that the focus is set to the chart window
by clicking it once).

I think that you can use these two features (for the time being) as a "workaround".

> 3. In the price list area, the selected price is displayed in the
> upper left. The same should be done in the indicator areas. As it is
> now, there is no way to tell exactly what the indicator value is. I
> have to position my mouse as close as possible to the indicator line
> and get the tooltip, but this is not precise. A slight mouse movement
> causes a change in the value.

This topic was already discussed some time ago. As a "workaround" you can
use Commentary window. For example: WriteVal( macd() ); will show exact
MACD value.
In the future two things are planned: a feature called "Chart Hints" which
will be essentially pre-written Commentaries for every built-in indicator in
AmiBroker that will show not only values but also some interpretation hints.
A second thing will be just displaying the values as price chart shows it.
(as you proposed). Unfortunatelly the second feature will need caching
precalculated indicators' values and this will require some important changes
in the drawing engine.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
http://www.amibroker.com