Re: [amibroker] Yahoo Historical Data

Hello Tom,

1. It could be argued both ways if price should or should not be
adjusted for dividends. From the technical analysis point of
view this can cause small distortions in indicators and may
affect your trading system results if dividends are large.
But in most cases (especially growth stocks) dividends do
not play that big part in price
2. There are several ways to overcome this problem:
a) you can adjust prices backwards if you know the dates and
dividend values (you can even automate this process using
custom written JScript)
b) you can use other data source (free quotes are available for
example from www.downloadquotes.com)
c) you can back test your system on stocks of companies that
do not pay dividends or the dividends are small.

One general note: I think that for the purpose of back testing your
system it is not THAT important. Of course you will get different results
but I am sure that this difference will not change great system into
bad one and vice versa.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko