Yahoo Historical Data

Has anyone noticed how yahoo historical data is adjusted to account
for dividends? For example look at the data for WFC (Wells Fargo)
here:

http://chart.yahoo.com/t?
a=11&b=24&c=85&d=02&e=30&f=01&g=d&s=wfc&y=0&z=wfc

On the web page it shows the correct data and adds a final column
adjusted for the dividend. *However* if you download the data using
the link at the bottom of the page, all of the data is then modified.
All the prices (high/low/open/close) are reduced by the dividend
amount. It gets worse as the dividends are added up and subtracted
from the stock price.

This is bad for me as I want to use the history to test my trading
system, but the data is not correct.

Amiquote and any program that downloads data from yahoo suffers this
problem.

Questions:

1) Does anyone understand *why* this happens

2) More important, is there any way to fix this?