Re: [RT] All short term projections are failing in CL

I don't know the answer to this line of reasoning, but the Masters testimony implied that Sovereign Wealth Funds, etc., were buying commodity futures unlike any situation in the past.  Now if the Chinese Sovereign Wealth Fund decided to diversify 20% of its assets into oil futures, and the fund is worth 1.3 trillion US Dollars, couldn't this explain the rise in the price of oil -- hoarding or no hoarding, rolling to the next month or not rolling?  And would there be any reason for the Chinese to close their positions as long as the dollar was depreciating?

JerryR
----- Original Message -----
From: Mike-pdt
Sent: Saturday, May 24, 2008 3:31 PM
Subject: Re: [RT] All short term projections are failing in CL

Rolling to next month is not taking delivery, how can anyone be hoarding something they don't have.  Future price is speculated, but when the front month closes it's no longer a speculation but a commodity with a value determined by supply and demand.  Or used to be, they say that's changed?

Mike-pdt