From: Ira
Sent: Sunday, May 18, 2008 2:07 AM
Subject: [RT] Inflation and the markets

It is time to take a good look at where we are at this time.  In the first quarter of this year more than 158,000 families lost their homes to foreclosure.  The American public is going deeper in debt every day.  In a society where 70% of the economy is driven by consumer spending, inflation and debt are economy killers.  Millions of people have homes that are worth less than the mortgage amount on their home.  When they look at the economics of the situation will they pay the inflated mortgage payments or walk away from the house?  Family homes were the main source of their wealth and now with that gone they have no place to go for that extra money they need to pay the ever-increasing cost of living.  Duke Power said that they are cutting off utilities to 50 people a day because of unpaid utility bills.  Whether the government wants to admit it or not we are in a recession.  We are also in an inflationary spiral that won?t quit.  The government is pumping liquidity into the system at an alarming rate to save the financial institutions that created a large portion of the problem.

The balance of the article is on the web site if you are interested.

Just one man's opinion.

No virus found in this outgoing message
Checked by PC Tools AntiVirus (4.0.0.26 - 10.072.012).
http://www.pctools.com/free-antivirus/