[RT] today

Tuesday is a clear example of how dangerous Bear Markets are. We believe we are inside a several month stock market crash. We are deeply oversold in several indicators, and have our eyes open for a corrective rebound. In the nastiest of Bear markets, crashes can occur under deep oversold conditions. It is amazing how slow Bernanke's Fed is to reduce interest rates. We know why, because he is fully aware of the hyperinflation going on, and the Princeton textbook says a Fed Chairman should tighten during hyperinflation periods. I wonder how much longer he can delay before Wall Street's money center banks demand his scalp. Whether he likes it or not, we are going to see more hyperinflation, or a depression. He'll eventually pull the trigger and accept hyperinflation. Tuesday was another 90 percent down day, which suggests this market is either seeing selling exhaustion, or Niagara falls is about to occur. Our belief is that markets are inside the final small degree wave of decline that will result in a temporary bottom around our phi mate turn date of January 18th +/- a few days. Our EW charts reflect this tonight. The coming rally is likely a wave 2 bounce, which will last a few weeks, and set up perhaps the worst fall of this six month Bear market.

The Dow Industrials fell 277.04 points Tuesday, closing at 12,501.11. NYSE volume was higher on the decline, at 106 percent of its 10 day average, with downside volume leading at 93 percent, with declining issues at 81 percent, with downside points at 98 percent.

The VIX continues to bother us. It is calling for a stock market plunge, maybe as bad as a crash, starting over the next month or so. Before that event, the VIX symmetrical triangle is suggesting we should see a rally that takes the VIX to around the 20.00 level. That would be where the next huge decline would begin. Perhaps that rally starts at our coming phi mate turn date, lasts a few weeks, then ouch.

Best regards,

Robert McHugh, Ph.D.