Re: [RT] Maglev

I believe the Chinese have decided not to go ahead with the German
Transrapid. This has been an area of great optimism and little result.
Be careful.

DanG

MichaelSuesserott wrote:

  Hi John,

a few years ago, my kids and I had the opportunity to be passengers on the
(then) experimental German Maglev train called "Transrapid". It was quite
impressive - an extremely smooth ride at about 300 mph. This German system
is the one that is now running full time in Shanghai.

The company places great importance on the fact that their system is the
only one where magnetic *attraction* is used to keep the train in a state of
"levitation", which gives much better security than the other maglev systems
which are based on magnetic repulsion. OTOH, it also makes it more
expensive.

Best regards,

Michael