[RT] Re: oil/gold prices and inflation

> Bigger problem as I see it is very near term ... prices of NG and CL continue to trend higher
> placing a very real tax on the economy and consumers. Energy prices have been moving inversely to the US$.
> If the Fed/Admin/Market don't raise interest rates to support US$, energy prices will continue to rise
> creating a major political issue for the guys running things.

this doesn't seem to be an issue at the moment, joe public
has not made the connection quite yet, even though OPEC
keeps saying so quite clearly, near as i can tell the pain
point here in SFO area is gas at about 2.00/gal, its 1.6 now

> also look at us dollar  ver gold
> gold is really  up big time
> fidelity select gold up 176% in 3 years

look at a chart of gold in euros, or any other currency
not losing 30%/yr and the "rally" looks anything but

i had a dream last weekend that commodity users started
buying gold to hedge future purchases...

regards,

tbr

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: