Re: [RT] off topics -- war politics: chirac 's back

I can think of two reasons:

1)There is growing frustration among the leaders of several European
countries at the structure of the relationship between the US and
Europe. Every other European nation resents the UK's special position,
and there has been a further exclusion of the smaller nations by the UK,
France and Germany.

2) France, by virtue of its historically aloof stand to NATO, has better
relations with many countries in the Muslim world than any other major
European nation, and therefore has a lot to contribute in the
understanding of public opinion and govt opinion there.

Regards
DanG