Re: [RT] Digest Number 656

At 03:52 PM 11/2/2001, you wrote:
>Message: 3
>    Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 10:25:51 +0100
>    From: "Maurizio Giorgelli" <miziotrader@xxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Prophet Historical CD-ROM
>
>Hello,
>to take my revenge :
>
>I recently bought the Prophet CD-ROM containing the futures historical
>data for backtesting. This CD is filled with errors. I wasted $ 495 +
>shipping.
>And their "help" service even do not take the time to answer my questions !
>

>Maurizio

Maurizio,

Did you make your purchase by credit card?

Can you tell your credit card company that you received a defective product
and will not pay for the charge?

If you can document many errors, you can build a case. You might also have
to make a statement that you have not copied or kept any of the data sent
to you on the CD.

I also understand that even if you have already made payment on your charge
statement, you can dispute a charge several months back (or so I have been
told by Visa).

Terry