[RT] off topic patriotic

Epil Stop & Spray Painless Hair Removal. Spray on and wipe off!
Just $24.95 at Youcansave.com
http://us.click.yahoo.com/gC2sGD/6jNDAA/ySSFAA/zMEolB/TM

To: "HannityandColmes" <HannityAndColmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [The_OReilly_Factor] Christmas Story
From: "JILL" <Jill4Lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2001 08:54:52 -0500

<BGSOUND balance=0
face=Arial>
<FONT
color=#008000>'TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS, HE LIVED ALL ALONE, IN A ONE
BEDROOM HOUSE MADE OF PLASTER AND STONE.

I HAD COME DOWN THE CHIMNEY WITH PRESENTS TO
GIVE, AND TO SEE JUST WHO IN THIS HOME DID LIVE.

I LOOKED ALL ABOUT, A STRANGE SIGHT I DID SEE,
NO TINSEL, NO PRESENTS, NOT EVEN A TREE.

NO STOCKING BY MANTLE, JUST BOOTS FILLED WITH
SAND, AND ON THE WALL PICTURES OF FAR DISTANT LANDS.

WITH MEDALS AND BADGES, AWARDS OF ALL KINDS, A
SOBERING THOUGHT CAME INTO MY MIND.

FOR THIS HOUSE WAS DIFFERENT, SO DARK AND SO
DREARY, THE HOME OF A SOLDIER, NOW I COULD SEE CLEARLY.

THE SOLDIER LAY SLEEPING, SILENT AND ALONE,
CURLED UP ON THE FLOOR IN THIS ONE BEDROOM HOME.

THE FACE WAS SO GENTLE, IN THE ROOM SUCH
DISORDER, NOT HOW I PICTURED A UNITED STATES SOLDIER.

WAS THIS THEN THE HERO OF WHOM I'D JUST
READ?CURLED UP ON A PONCHO, THE FLOOR FOR A BED?

I REALIZED THE FAMILIES THAT I SAW THIS NIGHT,
OWED THEIR LIVES TO THESE SOLDIERS WHO WERE WILLING TO
FIGHT.

SOON ROUND THE WORLD, THE CHILDREN WOULD PLAY,
AND GROWNUPS WOULD CELEBRATE A BRIGHT CHRISTMAS DAY.

THEY ALL ENJOYED FREEDOM EACH MONTH OF THE
YEAR, BECAUSE OF THE SOLDIERS, LIKE THE ONE LYING HERE.

I COULDN'T HELP WONDER HOW MANY LAY ALONE, ON A
COLD CHRISTMAS EVE IN A LAND FAR FROM HOME.

THE VERY THOUGHT BROUGHT A TEAR TO MY EYE, I
DROPPED TO MY KNEES AND I STARTED TO CRY.

THE SOLDIER AWAKENED AND I HEARD A ROUGH VOICE,
"SANTA DON'T CRY, THIS LIFE IS MY CHOICE.

I FIGHT FOR FREEDOM, I DON'T ASK FOR MORE, MY
LIFE IS MY GOD, MY COUNTRY, MY CORPS."

THE SOLDIER ROLLED OVER AND SOON DRIFTED TO
SLEEP, I COULDN'T CONTROL IT, I CONTINUED TO WEEP.

I KEPT WATCH FOR HOURS, SO SILENT AND STILL,
AND BOTH OF US SHIVERED FROM THE EVENING'S COLD CHILL.

I DIDN'T WANT TO LEAVE ON THAT COLD, DARK
NIGHT, THIS GUARDIAN OF HONOR SO WILLING TO FIGHT.

THEN THE SOLDIER ROLLED OVER, WITH A VOICE SOFT
AND PURE, WHISPERED, "CARRY ON SANTA, IT'S CHRISTMAS DAY, ALL'S
SECURE."

ONE LOOK AT MY WATCH, AND I KNEW HE WAS
RIGHT."MERRY CHRISTMAS MY FRIEND, AND TO ALL A GOOD
NIGHT."

This poem was written by a Marine stationed in
Okinawa Japan.  The following is his request.  I think it is
reasonable.

Please.......  "Would you do me the kind
favor of sending this to as many people as you can?  Christmas will be
coming soon and some credit is due to our U.S.  servicemen and women for
our being able to celebrate these festivities.  Let's try in this small way
to pay a tiny bit of what we owe.Make people stop and think of our heroes,
living and dead, who sacrificed themselves for us.

Please, do your small part to plant this small
seed.

JOIN THE LIST!!!!!!

CourtTV-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
HannityandColmes-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx