[RT] Re: Gann angles - can they be quantified?

Mike,

Take a look at:  http://www.ensignsoftware.com/tips/tradingtips13.htm
and succeeding "tips" issues.

Stu

--- In realtraders@xxxx, MikeSuesserott@xxxx wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> here is a question that I have been unable to answer all my trading
life. I
> asked it on another list, but have not received any satisfactory
reply to
> it.
>
> The problem: I fail to understand how one can speak of Gann 45
degrees or
> squares when there is no accepted standard for the x- and y-scales
of a
> chart. Who determines what constitutes the applicable units of time
and
> price?
>
> For instance, let us look at the NASDAQ 100 daily chart. What
measurement is
> considered equivalent to a time of 250 days? Is it 250 NDX points?
Or 250
> points in the NQ futures? Or 250 points in QQQ stock? Or fractions
thereof?
> In which case the question arises, who determines the correct
fractions, and
> how?
>
> Surely the visual impression of a chart cannot be a measure, as
this can be
> rendered invalid by simply rescaling the chart. But then, what is
the
> correct yardstick?
>
> I for one have never been able to find out, and I would certainly
appreciate
> any quantifiable input.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Michael Suesserott

Cobra Gas Powered Scooter. Top speed exceeds 25 mph.
Originally $599.95.
Now $399.95 at Youcansave.com.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/K11sED/OkNDAA/ySSFAA/zMEolB/TM