  To: <A title=realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="mailto:realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Sent: Friday, October 26, 2001 8:56
  AM
  Subject: [RT] Trading not Trades
  Hi,This is not another one of those "XYZ
  has strong support at 56 and the Gann angle suggests a target at 67"
  emails.We all use different trading systems.So some facet of
  my trading system, with regard to some particular trading instrument, at one
  particular time, is of little interest and even less utility to anyone, even
  the originator.This email is about trading.   It is
  not about one aspect, of one view, of one stock, at one time as perceived by
  one trader.This email is intended to make you think, not
  react.     Winning traders tend to respond to the market
  rather than react to the market.      So I challenge
  you respond not react to this.       You will
  know you are reacting if your emotions are strongly
  engaged.-----------Successful traders come in all shapes and sizes.
  The range of trading systems and trading instruments and markets traded is
  enormous.However, many successful traders appear to have many
  techniques in common.     Some of these secrets are
  documented at <A href="http://www.traderscalm.com/calm.html";
  eudora="autourl"><FONT color=#0000ff
  size=3>www.traderscalm.com/calm.html
  There was one common feature which I first mistook as a trading style
  difference. It is this 'concept' I now share with you.Most
  traders, including many successful traders, spend a lot of time and effort
  identifying good entry points.       This is
  usually done by studying the path of the market to this point - based on chart
  patterns or moving average cut-overs and many other approaches.Most
  traders then use this analysis of prior market path (or patterns) to predict
  market direction - so they can go on to trade market direction.Many of
  the successful traders seem to carry on with the market path concept after
  identifying their entry point - they often do not trade directionally at all,
  or only part of their approach relates to market direction.It is as if
  they are saying, "If I study the path of the
  market for my understanding and for identifying an entry point, I will
  continue trading market path because that is what I know
  best."One of the benefits that seems to accrue to
  this approach is that the ego is not involved so much - as these traders are
  not predicting direction - so there is no 'success' or 'failure' in prediction
  of direction, because there is no directional prediction.One of the
  greatest inhibitors of calm - the ego - is often thus not invoked.And
  they do not need to talk about their predictions, because they have
  none.They are on to a virtuous circle of calm generating more
  calm.The majority of traders appear to lose sight of the target - they
  track market path and then aim at market
  direction!       Is it then surprising that
  many miss the target - they were not looking for it!For another
  approach to this concept and its implications see <FONT
  color=#0000ff size=3><A
  href="http://www.traderscalm.com/droppingthebaton.html";
  eudora="autourl">www.traderscalm.com/droppingthebaton.html<FONT
  size=3> and follow the hyperlinks.I am glad you responded not reacted!
  Trading with good feelings, Ric. <FONT color=#0000ff
  size=3><A href="http://www.traderscalm.com/";
  eudora="autourl">www.traderscalm.com

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor