[RT] Tradestation - Why?

Sean,
You wrote:
"Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 11:13:35 -0700
From: "Sean Cassidy" <scassidy@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Tradestation
I have just learned, according to Omega Research, that the only way I can
get a copy of Tradestation is to open an account with them. They are
charging $14.95 a trade and I currently pay $1 a trade with IB during my
test period of the sytem that I have been using. Does anyone know if I
can use a a copy of tradestaion that I purchase from a friend and get the
data through Esignal? A friend has offered to sell me a copy of TS 4. To
use tradestation as a broker would end up costing me $1400 a month
because i antcipate making about 100 trades a month. While I have
complete confidence in the system I am using, I am not in a position at
this point to pay an extra $1400 in commissions, even if I had their
minimum of $30000 to start an account, which I dont. Any help or advice
would be appreciated."
To me this begs the question:  "Why do you need
Tradestation?"
I am not suggesting you do not need it.   Just
asking.
By the way, I do not see many pit-traders using Tradestation.
Regards, Ric.
www.traderscalm.com

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor