RE: [RT] Tradestation

<SPAN
class=960252317-24102001>Agreed. Tradestation Technologies is a shaky company
right now......why not consider a platform such as Ravenquote and port your code
to that R/T platform ?
<SPAN
class=960252317-24102001>Remember, TS4 is an old, old piece of software with a
Windows 3.1 interface. Fact: Many sophisticated indicators, etc. that run on
TS2000i cannot be ported to TS4.
<SPAN
class=960252317-24102001>
<BLOCKQUOTE
style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">
  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Lee Morris
  [mailto:LMorris@xxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2001 11:45
  AMTo: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE: [RT]
  Tradestation
  just
  wondering why you are focused on TS there seems to be so many other cheaper
  easier to use prog that does most if not all that TS does. just
  wondering....

    <FONT face=Tahoma
    size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Sean Cassidy
    [mailto:scassidy@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2001 2:14
    PMTo: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [RT]
    Tradestation
    I have just learned, according to Omega
    Research, that the only way I can get a copy of Tradestation is to open an
    account with them. They are charging $14.95 a trade and I currently pay $1 a
    trade with IB during my test period of the sytem that I have been using.
    Does anyone know if I can use a a copy of tradestaion that I purchase from a
    friend and get the data through Esignal? A friend has offered to sell me a
    copy of TS 4. To use tradestation as a broker would end up costing me $1400
    a month because i antcipate making about 100 trades a month. While I have
    complete confidence in the system I am using, I am not in a position at this
    point to pay an extra $1400 in commissions, even if I had their minimum of
    $30000 to start an account, which I dont. Any help or advice would be
    appreciated.

    Thanks,

    SeanTo unsubscribe
    from this group, send an email