this be a "throwover" (ie fakeout)

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: BobR
  [mailto:bobrabcd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2001
  11:54 AMTo: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: [RT]
  Reading my indicatorNo, don't break the crystal
  ball.  Send it to me.  I collect a lot of stuffthat doesn't
  work, :-)Help Ben out and break this triangle.  Sure looks
  indecisive.bobr----- Original Message -----From: "Ralph
  Volpe" <rjv@xxxxxxxxxx>To:
  <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2001 8:43
  AMSubject: [RT] Reading my indicator> I checked with the
  most powerful indicator I know of (my crystal ball) to> ascertain the
  direction of the next big move in this market. And, nomatter> how I
  rub it and polish it, it just keeps coming up negative. Earl's
  linkis> another indicator that damage control is in the works to
  protect our> institutions from a panic collapse. I'm also thinking
  about yesterdaysnews> that didn't get much attention, which
  indicated that US Steel and Polaroid> are declaring Chapter 7 or 11
  bankruptcies. These were major companies and> they're now crippled
  giants. As I look at the monthly Dow Industrials, allI> see is
  lower tops and lower bottoms, a clear sign of weakness.
  Somecompanies> are now forecasting they can make their LOWERED
  earnings, but that doesn't> say much for their exorbitant PEs. For
  example, Cisco's good news was itcan> make the .02 cents it had
  forecasted. If that's annualized to .08, thenfor a> $16 dollar per
  share company it has an exorbitant PE of 200. Most> importantly, the
  .02 profit it may declare this quarter doesn't considerall> the
  fudging going on to bury the huge losses it took last quarter.
  Iactually> think the SEC may encourage more creative book keeping
  to lessen concernsof> further corporate failures. A further concern
  is the loss of productivityas> a result of the anthrax scares that
  the media love to hype. This isimposing> enormous stress on our
  free markets, which can only negatively impactequity> prices.
  However, don't worry folks, if I keep getting these negative vibes>
  from my crystal ball, I'm going to break the damned thing.>>
  Earl Adamy wrote:>> > <A
  href="http://news.ino.com/intraday/?storyid=DJN620049801";>http://news.ino.com/intraday/?storyid=DJN620049801>
  >> > is this a sign that the powers that be are getting worried
  about major> > derivitives failures?> >> > To
  unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:> >
  realtraders-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> >> >>
  >> > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to<A
  href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/";>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>>
  --> Ralph
  =>        E-mail   =>
  rjv@xxxxxxxxxx>>>>> To unsubscribe from