[RT] Reading my indicator

I checked with the most powerful indicator I know of (my crystal ball) to
ascertain the direction of the next big move in this market. And, no matter
how I rub it and polish it, it just keeps coming up negative. Earl's link is
another indicator that damage control is in the works to protect our
institutions from a panic collapse. I'm also thinking about yesterdays news
that didn't get much attention, which indicated that US Steel and Polaroid
are declaring Chapter 7 or 11 bankruptcies. These were major companies and
they're now crippled giants. As I look at the monthly Dow Industrials, all I
see is lower tops and lower bottoms, a clear sign of weakness. Some companies
are now forecasting they can make their LOWERED earnings, but that doesn't
say much for their exorbitant PEs. For example, Cisco's good news was it can
make the .02 cents it had forecasted. If that's annualized to .08, then for a
$16 dollar per share company it has an exorbitant PE of 200. Most
importantly, the .02 profit it may declare this quarter doesn't consider all
the fudging going on to bury the huge losses it took last quarter. I actually
think the SEC may encourage more creative book keeping to lessen concerns of
further corporate failures. A further concern is the loss of productivity as
a result of the anthrax scares that the media love to hype. This is imposing
enormous stress on our free markets, which can only negatively impact equity
prices. However, don't worry folks, if I keep getting these negative vibes
from my crystal ball, I'm going to break the damned thing.

--
Ralph           =>        E-mail   =>  rjv@xxxxxxxxxx

Protect your servers with 128-bit SSL encryption! Grab your copy of VeriSign's FREE guide: "Securing Your Website for business" Get it Now!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/M.WTOC/m1FDAA/cosFAA/zMEolB/TM