[RT] Gen - pattern identifier

Just thought this might be of interest to some as I
haven't seen it mentioned on either of these lists.  I hadn't paid much
attention to Clyde's Pattern Identifier feature in his LOS+AndrewsPitch_II
before.  The code plots a swing length and a pattern identifier at each
pivot.  A 59-0 means 59 bars in the last swing and -0 means
bottoming.  A 35-9 and 28-9 both mean topping patterns.  The code will
identify 10 patterns.  Here is a portion of the information at his website
<A
href="http://www.theswingmachine.com";>http://www.theswingmachine.com.
Since there is a bit of concern about what the current state of affairs is, here
is a mechanical view.  The last two upper pivots have been -9.

"
The indicator will indicate at each turning point two
items        that are important in
evaluating where the market is at
the        current
time.        1.  Length of (last
leg) Swing in bars.        2.  Swing
Pattern Identification (Pattern # of 0 thru
9).            (An
option to omit the Length of Swing
exists).        Based on a set of
four sequential turning points in a
price        series (or actually any kind
of time series) I have chosen        to
assign a Pattern ID number based on the relative
price        relationships of these
turning points.        The following
is a "picture" and logic equations for
the        assignment of Pattern IDs as I
have chosen.  The sequence        of
assignments is not arbitrary but is an attempt to
use        a set of numbers that indicate
the "age" of the market.        A
pattern ID of 9 indicates a maturing UP market whereas
a        PatternID of 0 quite often
appears near the turn of a
downgoing market."

bobr
(qualifier, am a friend of Clyde's and a user of
his unique code)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
-  - - - - - - -Clyde Lee
Chairman/CEO          (Home of