Re: [RT] Oil!

Good question. Easy to visualize the disruption to the status quo.
Opportunity though would move to South American suppliers, Mexico, Canada,
North Sea, etc. I would rather see the Argentines prospering about now. The
truly global oil companies, what, 2 now, can drill and transport oil from
anywhere to anywhere. Futures center around NY and Brent, but that can
change as fast as the markets. Single stock futures will give individuals
access to the companies that develop the alternative sources. Maybe a boost
to oil-shale, even fuel cell where they make economic sense. That should add
up to a long list of candidates. My investing theory would be that the
"insatiable appetite for oil", as it's often characterized, will find viable
plans B and C when plan A is disfunctional.

Maybe someone from the oil patch can help out with a reality check here.

Michael