Re: [RT] VERY HEAVY BLK activity ON MSFT

  No, firms are not required to loan stock. However, this is often a major
source of  income. For example, many years Merrill has made more money from
stock loan fees that it did from commissions. Keep in mind that firms use
the public's stock certificates often for free to loan out and generate
substantial income.  They can do this because the average customer is
ignorant as to this part of the business. Most professional traders
participate in earning interest on short stock. If you have substantial
stock holdings and or often trade in size on the short size you should ask
to participate in any stock loan activities involving your account. If they
loan out your stock certificates, you should get paid. If you short stock,
you should get paid. Many firms even have the gaul to charge customers
interest on short stock when in fact this is a cash flow credit into your
account and should be earning interest. So the firm is earning money twice
on your account, one on the stock loan fees and one on the interest they
have conned the customer into paying. It's all a giant rip off! They get
away with it because very few ever challenge it. All of life is a
negotiation.

Cheers,

Norman

Cheers,