Re: [RT] THE UK SPECTATOR: How America went for broke

I read the article in the UK Spectator and I'm really annoyed. It gives
the impression that everyone else in the world in holier than thou and
has no responsibilities in this WORLD economic implosion -- it's only American
greed. The sublime message was that America alone is the demon because
it worshiped the stock market. Well, how about you SLAWEKP, aren't you
following the stock markets? And how about all the other internationals
that are part of this list? Don't you guys and gal also have a stake in
it? I'm really getting sick and tired of people attempting to dump on my
country. Ask yourself, how did the American economy suck up vast resources
from the rest of the world to feed our capital markets? It was plain greed
by everyone else willing to contribute for greed, and we all share in this
as human beings, even you SLAWEKP. As for this recession, it's world-wide
and not just here. As for selling off much of our industries, the Japanese
bought a lot before their collapse in the '80s and then we bought most
of it back at fire sale prices, and maybe the same will happen again. As
for China having an asian market to buffer its economy, bunk! Most of their
trade is with the US. If we stop buying the junk they produce by slave
labor, you'll see what over capacity really is. China will have the same
over capacity as all that unlit fiber the article talked about. Also, the
article subtly tends to brag about the other regional economies, the EU
not mentioned, but implied. Well, between North and South America, we have
a pretty damned good infrastructure, as well. America has been the world's
energizer battery and all that prevails, lately, is a gleam in some eyes
that we appear to be stumbling and in the worst case there's outright jealousy
and hostility, as we've seen with the WTC attack. The more I read dribble
like that in the UK Spectator, the more I become an American that would
be very happy to return to isolationism -- screw the rest of the world.
As all humans are greedy, they are also hypocrites. I'm fully coming to
understand Caesar's remark: "et tu Brutus!"
Ralph
SLAWEKP@xxxxxxx wrote:
here is view from abroad on USA
 <A