[RT] AdjReserves 9/19/01 MajorBottom?

Dear M.Simms
My perspective is cyclical.  (Business cycle)  I am looking for signs of a major
bottom.  The reserves figure is a straw in the wind of evidence in that
direction.  Many other signs are hinting major stock bottom.
Very high volume on the decline.(For sure the public was not buying.)
Sentiment is shifting to the negative.
Long term rates are in decline especially if they follow short rates which is a
reasonable likelyhood.
If I was a bull, the long term charts of the individual  DOW  stocks look very
bullish to me.  Major base formations or terminal shakeouts.

None of these indications say long term buy yet clearly, but one must look for
them.  I can not eliminate the possibility that we may have already put in a DOW
long term bottom.

If the FED figures on money are correct, and they may be wrong or a fluke, we
are seeing major FED stimulus.  That stimulation has a powerful impact on bonds
and then stocks.

I was suggesting that we may be shifting in FED policy from restrictive to
stimulative.  In other words I tend to believe that despite declining rates that
FED policy has been restrictive up to this point.  I think, without checking the
figures that there was a similar shift in FED policy the day after the 1987
crash.

Regards,
Stuart

"M. Simms" wrote:

> Be careful with your correlations....
> the stock market is NOT the economy.....
> the market will go where it wants......look at yesterday (Wed) !!
>
> Definition of an oversold market:
> when one tiny, tiny piece of good news results in a fantastic move up...
> most likely a "c" wave in Elliott parlance.

Protect your servers with 128-bit SSL encryption! Grab your copy of VeriSign's FREE guide: "Securing Your Website for business" Get it Now!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/M.WTOC/m1FDAA/cosFAA/zMEolB/TM