again for your insight

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Don Ewers
  [mailto:dbewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2001
  12:36 PMTo: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: [RT]
  SPC 120minLee,I picked up on it from a Bill
  Williams book called "Trading Chaos" in theChapter 7 section for EW counts
  page 102 & page 124 (in the chapter he doesgive Tom Joseph of AGET
  credit for the 5/35, but Williams actually uses a5/34 MACD
  oscillator).  He discusses the need to look at time frames whereyou
  have at least 100 to 140 bars for the oscillator to work right
  (actuallypages 102 to 166 should be read and thoroughly
  understood).The statement made is:  "Our research indicates that,
  for the most accuratemeasurement, the wave under consideration should
  occupy from 100 to 140bars. If we are looking at a wave sequence of fewer
  than 100 bars, the MACDwill be measuring the Elliott wave of a larger
  degree.  If the wave sequenceoccupies more than 140 bars, the MACD
  will be measuriung an Elliot wave of asmaller degree".What it did
  for me is help indentify whether the chart I was looking at wasof the
  right 'time" frame if I planned on using the 5/35 to find wave 4. Healso
  makes the comment that using the technique (p126) will help most
  peoplethat use EW counts from making the most commen mistake, namely
  counting wave3 inside of wave 3 as the end of wave 3 and then counting
  wave 5 of wave 3as a larger degree wave 5. This would be similar to the
  question you posedto me on your OEX post, namely is this wave 4 or just
  minor 4 of wave 3. Tofigure the answer out correctly the right time frame
  chart has to be lookedat.I see the 1065.92 Cash S&P high was
  just hit, hmmm that is pretty close tothe 1066.38 50% retracement W2 to W3
  on the 60min chart.Can you take the TJ web off the 120min chart and
  put fib retracements (.382,.50,.618, .786) from the wave 2 to the w3? and
  ellipse (short normal, long)on also w2 to w3.don ewers-----
  Original Message -----From: "Lee Morris" <LMorris@xxxxxxxxxx>To:
  <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2001 10:27
  AMSubject: RE: [RT] SPC 120min> the use of the # of bars is
  interesting can you expand on the thoughts of> how the # of bars needed
  is determined and what "triggers you to move from> one chart to another
  based on bar count. here is the 120 min on the snp w/a> pti of
  30>   -----Original Message----->   From:
  Don Ewers [mailto:dbewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]>   Sent: Wednesday,
  October 03, 2001 10:56 AM>   To: Real
  Traders>   Subject: [RT] SPC
  120min>>>   Lee,>   My AGET is
  EOD and as such limited to 60min, daily, weekly and
  monthly.>>   Can you post a 120min chart of the SP
  cash with a 5/35 oscillator w/1.4> and>   10/70
  oscillator w/1.4. Use whatever count the oscillator tell you? I
  am>   interested in the PTI?>   don
  ewers>>>
  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor>>>>   To
  unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:>
  realtraders-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>>>
  Service.>>To

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor