Re: [RT] order fill problem

In dealing with futures it often happens that the record ticks and then take them down later.  Whether it is legitimate or not is another question.  I have been hurt this way in the past.  What you can ask your broker for is time and sales data for the 10 min before your trade, the print through, up to 10 min. after your second trade.   Why didn't you cancel the trade when you found out it wasn't filled?

Ira, thanks for the advice.  I was on the phone with him trying to figure out what to do.  I didn't know if I was filled, and I could hear him (my broker) talking to the floor.  If I was filled I was going to place an order to get out at a profit.  But I couldn't make a decision till I knew I was filled or not.  By the time my broker and I figured out what was going on, the prices started to move against me (prices were moving very fast at the time) ... all this happened in under four minutes or so, and when the price fell below my limit order (I was long) I assumed I was filled and just waited for my broker to call me to confirm.  I waited about a minute for him to call me, and when he didn't I called him to confirm.  It was at this time that he called the floor and realized that I wasn't filled.  Ira, do you think I should also ask him to find out who was on the other side of the trade?  If so, how can that info help?  I have never had to deal with such a problem, as my broker has excellent representation on the floor.  So all this is new territory for me.  Thanks for your help.  -Sonny-

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

face=arial
size=-2>ADVERTISEMENT

Start here...Height: 3