  To: <A title=realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="mailto:realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Sent: Saturday, September 15, 2001 6:07
  PM
  Subject: Re: [RT] show your colors/
  Oil
  But the problem with replacing oil is that the powerful oil
  companies aren't going to sit by and watch themselves be put out of
  business.  And as you mention, Bush is very closely tied to the oil
  industry.  The only way alternative energy is going to be supported
  in this county is if the oil companies get a major piece of the
  alternative action.  But to do so will take them some time.  So
  we are stuck with our dependence on oil for the forseeable
  future.btw:  This is the same problem we face with simplfying the
  tax laws or ending the drug interception war.  There are just too
  many vested interests who are not willing to lose thier income and their
  secure  positions in our society by allowing any of these inititives
  to take place in any meaningful way.---JW--- In <A
  href="mailto:realtraders@x";>realtraders@x..., "Norman Winski" <<A
  href="mailto:nwinski@x";>nwinski@x...> wrote:> Gila,>
  >  The conclusion at the end of Mr. Farah's essay is
  ridiculous.> The US and the civilized world is addicted to oil. The
  way> to eliminate an an addiction is not to get more of the>
  addiciton from another dealer. The way to eliminate this> addiction is
  to find another source of energy that is not> dependent on a foreign
  source. If you pumped the $50 Bil,> we are about to spend on chasing
  bin Laden, on new energy> sources such as fuel cell technology or solar
  energy we could> soon tell the camel jockys to go take a flying leap.
  They> would soon be fighting with each other over a rapidly>
  shrinking pie.  The question then remains as to whether> Bush and
  Cheney will be willing to abandon their oil industry> buddies in favor
  of securing America's future.> > > Alternatively,>
  > Norman>
   <snipped>------------------------ Yahoo! Groups
  Sponsor ---------------------~-->FREE COLLEGE MONEYCLICK HERE to
  search600,000 scholarships!<A
  href="http://us.click.yahoo.com/47cccB/4m7CAA/ySSFAA/zMEolB/TM";>http://us.click.yahoo.com/47cccB/4m7CAA/ySSFAA/zMEolB/TM---------------------------------------------------------------------~->To
  unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<A
  href="mailto:realtraders-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>realtraders-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Your
  use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to <A
  href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/";>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor