Re: [RT] Re: INDU

Hi Norman, Earl and Chris,

I didn't catch the import of Norman's humour
the first time around, and I take no offence now that Earl and Chris were
thoughtful enough to chide him for poking fun.  Thanks.

I would note however, that beyond the 2 Gann
Fans and numerous horizontal Fibonacci retracements from major historical
turning points (pivots?) shown on my short-term INDU chart, the lines on my
chart are either simple trend lines or Raff regression channels.

For Norman's benefit, I would cite
John J. Murphy's Technical Analysis of Futures  Markets,
1986, at page 76:

"A down trendline (a resistance line) will
often become a support line once it's decisively broken.  This is why it's
usually a good idea to project all trendlines as far out to the right of the
chart as possible even after they've been broken.  It's surprising how
often old trendlines act as support and resistance lines again in the future,
but in the opposite role."

Enough said.

;-p to you too Norman, in that friendly
way.

Regards with thanks for letting me clutter
your RT email with my musings.

Tony

<BLOCKQUOTE
  <DIV