Re: [RT] Markets: Stock Index Futures and regulation

How will the stock options relate to the futures on those stocks?  Will there be
separate options on the individual stock futures?  How will hedges be treated
with stock options against the future for that individual stock?   There are a
lot of questions as to treatment of arbs of futures against the stock and the new
day trading rules?  It appears that one can day trade the future of a stock with
no minimum financial requirement, yet it can't be done with stock.  Yet the
margin on the stock is substantially higher then that on the future for that same
stock.  Are the powers in charge just creating another vehicle to make it easier
to fleece the uninitiated?   That is what this world needs right now is more
leverage for the individual, the banks and the insurance companies.  The lessons
of 1929 are lost for the time being.  That good old 10% margin is back and
everyone can play the game.  All the barriers that were put up to stop a
financial disaster have been removed in favor of a so called free market place
with increased competition.  Remember the rail cars, grain silos, and other
things created for our benefit.  Here we go again.

I4Lothian@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Earl:
>
> With all due respect, stock "index" futures have been a huge success.  I
> believe you wish to be skeptical of single stock futures.  And given then
> attendance and interest shown by the futures and securities industry this
> week at a seminar in Chicago by the Futures Industry Association, I beg to
> differ with your conclusion.

Monitoring Service trial
http://us.click.yahoo.com/MDsVHB/bQ8CAA/ySSFAA/zMEolB/TM