Re: [RT] Markets: Stock Index Futures and regulation

Yes, that was a typo, I was referring to the introduction of single stock
futures. I do not disagree with your observations as they relate to current
market conditions. My comments are directed toward conditions existing in a
major cyclical bear market of the type and scope we have not seen for nearly
a century. Should those conditions emerge, I believe that the enthusiasm
for, and regulation of, derivatives will change markedly.

I should, perhaps, add a few caveats regarding my opinions. I am personally
extremely bearish in my view of the equity markets for the next decade. This
is reflected in the fact that my investments have been 100% in long term
treasuries and bond funds for well over a year now and I am even now
completing the process of switching bond funds (most of which contain GSE's
and corporates) for treasuries. Futures trading is another matter, I don't
care if the market goes up or down as long as it does one or the other,
preferably in a trending manner. Finally, my investment hat is in no way
married to the bear case should strong evidence emerge to the contrary,
however I am in no way interested in trying to time my investments to catch
the absolute bottom in this market.

Earl