Re: [RT] s&p .. Where did that cat go?

The cat stopped climbing the stairs back in 1999.  Now what happened in
1999?  Why was that the top of the stairs for now?  Can anyone point to the
seminal factor that stopped the rise, the date, the time, the details, etc..
Was it dividend extremes?  PE extremes? When were the first "F" rate and
discount rate rises?  Who were the smart dudes that stopped buying and
started selling in 1999?  Answer that and then answer under what conditions
will they start buying again and when might that be.  This is some
interesting market history being created right now.  When looking at the
Monthly INDU it is easy to get the impression that we are witnessing the end
of something that has had decades of growth and is now in the late stages of
its growth/death cycle.  The significance is of biblical proportions and
will need something of a spiritual nature to resurrect it.  The INDU still
needs to drop a minimum of 600 points to get into the 2.xx % range.  Fed
easing only effects one part of the valuation equation.  Price, dividends,
earnings also have to come into line with the reality of growth and growth
expectations.  Stimulus without responce means this thing could spiral
downstairs into the basement as in snowballs growing larger as they roll
downhill.  Politicians are beginning to point fingers of blame now so its
getting serious enough to call it a train wreck.  Pushing on a string and
train wrecks have a similar appearance.

bobr